All About Blue Plate Radio
Blue Plate Radio is Connecticut's only full time commercial jazz station broadcasting over the Internet 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. We are an independent broadcaster choosing whom we want to play and when we want to play them. With a medium as fluid as the web we can change playlists and programming on the fly from the studio or anywhere in the world where we have an Internet connection. Our audience ranges in age from 45-75 years old that enjoy listening to everything from standards to the newest sounds in chill.
Blue Plate Radio actively supports national and local musicians. We are happy to work with record companies and independent labels like Pacific Coast Jazz to promote artists and their music and help connect these companies with new and emerging artists who have yet to sign a contract.
We do this by:
- Giving exposure and airplay to the numerous sub-genres within jazz including straight-ahead, standards, smooth, classic, Latin, World, Fusion, and more
- Displaying artist, title, and album name when a song is playing and displaying the same information for previous tracks played
- Streaming at a much higher 64kbps stereo MP3PRO level that provides near CD quality sound
- Networking with performance venues like Lyman Center at
Southern CT State University,
the Hartford Jazz Festival,
and meeting local musicians at small area clubs like Caf� Nine in New Haven,
CT and the Silvermine Tavern in Norwalk, CT.
- Broadcasting through the Live365.com servers to insure all royalties are paid to ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, and SoundExchange where applicable.
Blue Plate Radio is an advertiser-supported station. We balance our broadcasts to maximize our listeners' music experience while providing our advertisers unique positioning that gets reduces the chance that your message is ignored. Contact us for rates and more information.
Blue Plate Radio is a member of the Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce and we proudly adhere to its policies and rules of conduct.